THE MANAGER AS COACH
Monday 19th February 2018
10.00am – 2.30pm
The Pig & Butcher, Islington
Managers who build relationships with their teams through a coaching approach, build long-lasting, powerful relationships.
When a manager commits to coaching everyone benefits:
• Coachees get new skills and new approaches to their work.
• The coach benefits too: coaching helps us see relationships beyond the obvious and develops our ability to create a vision and a common language, which inspires and motivates.
Participants will learn:
• The skills of coaching that research has shown to offer the highest return on investment in achieving accelerated staff development.
• How to create an effective coaching environment.
• How to set goals effectively.
• How to ask powerful questions that move others forward quickly in their thinking.
• How to create positive action for change and development.
• How to genuinely develop the full potential of their staff.
Stephen worked as a manager with Trusthouse Forte (Dome cafe bars, Oriel, Cafe Des Amis du Vin) during the 1980’s and with the founders of Pitcher & Piano as a manager, operations manager, head of the management academy and Director of Pitcher & Piano during the 1990’s. Since 2001 he has been building Watershed, designing leadership development programmes for bar & restaurant companies and learning how people deliver the goods in the fast-moving hospitality environment.